Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had the contraceptive implant inserted on the 11th which

Customer Question

I had the contraceptive implant inserted on the 11th which was day 5 of my cycle. Which was very light on that morning then stopped. I then had unprotected sex on the 17th and took levonelle on the 19th. Which was approximately 52-53 hours after the incident. Should I be concerned of any risk of pregnancy?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Your chance of pregnancy is extremely low. Since you had the implant inserted on the fifth day of your cycle, you were protected by the implant. Levonelle, gave you extra protection. Pregnancy is not impossible, but pretty close to it.