Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Please could you assess if I have covered my optimum and

Customer Question

Hi Please could you assess if I have covered my optimum and all bases to conceive this month. On 15th April 2015, I had my Nexplanon removed after one year. I had a withdrawal bleed two days later for two days. I checked ovulation using Clearblue dual opk that give me a high fertility reading on Thursday 23rd April and Peak at 24th April. My next and first period happened exactly 14 day after on the 8th May. My cycles used to be 26 days long. This period, lasting 4 days (from 8th May) I used the same OPK and readings were high fertility 16th - 18th May and Peak 19th. We made love once and sometimes twice a day during 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20th, have we covered and does the OPK sound in keeping with my cycle? Or would we benefit still making love?

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
It sounds like you've covered your bases well. With 26 day cycles, we would expect you to ovulate around day 12, which would be May 19, which corresponds to your peak fertility day. It wouldn't hurt to make love today as well, but it's likely not necessary.
Please be aware that even having sex the perfect day of the month, there is still only a 25% chance that pregnancy will occur, even for the most fertile couple. That's why is may take a few months to get pregnant, even when you're doing everything right. Good luck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** opk is correct and based on my last cycle I should expect period in 14 days from 19th, if not already conceived? And does the OPK suggest that my cycles are still 26 days?

Your last cycle and the OPK both suggest that your cycles are still 26 days. So you should expect your period in about 14 days, if conception doesn't happen.
Thank you for your payment and rating.