Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
54412793

Is it safe to take 50mg clomid 6 months after abdominal

Is it safe for me to take 50mg clomid 6 months after abdominal myomectomy to remove fibroids?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.
This is a question that only the surgeon who removed the fibroids can answer. It depends on the location of the fibroids and whether the incision entered the uterus. 6 months is usually sufficient.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The uterine cavity was breached.

I had a combination of intramural, submucosal and subserous.

I think my main concern is the clomid causing the fibroids to regrow all of a sudden

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to the site. My name is***** and I'll be providing your medical information today.

Six months is generally considered long enough healing time to proceed with pregnancy. It's not so much the Clomid itself that would cause the fibroids to regrow but elevated levels of estrogen during pregnancy if you were successful.

This is a risk that can't be predicted. Fibroid do tend to grow with elevated levels of estrogen. Hopefully your myomectomy was complete enough that no small fibroids got left behind.

I hope this was helpful. Let me know if I can clarify anything.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your information

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Anything else I can help with today?

If not, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and do appreciate your feedback.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience: 30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator