Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I had a missed miscarriage and was managed through medical

Customer Question

I had a missed miscarriage and was managed through medical management in UK by NHS. The pessaries inserted in my vagina caused me bleeding and my the bleeding is subsidised now in 4 days.
I would like to know what precautions I must take to avoid any damage to my uterus and how must I optimally manage the miscarriage to conceive again?
Your help will be much appreciated.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.
You should be sure to do a pregnancy test in 2 weeks to be sure it is negative.
There is nothing you need to do to avoid damage to the uterus. It is not damaged by a natural miscarriage. You need to be sure your pregnancy test is negative at some point. Then wait one menstrual cycle before trying to conceive agian. Good luck.