Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had a miscarriage in march this year I had 2 months without

Customer Question

I had a miscarriage in march this year I had 2 months without a period I have been getting all signs of pregnancy is nausea, metallic taste strange tastes and smells, but now I am bleeding. Please could you help as I'm not sure what is going on
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Have you had any normal period since the miscarriage?
Did you have regular periods before the miscarriage?
Do you know whether you've ovulated since your miscarriage? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not had a period since miscarriage

I had regular periods before miscarriage

Not sure about ovulation sorry

It sounds like you most likely have not ovulated since your miscarriage. Ovulation is what brings on a normal period 2 weeks later.
When a woman goes long enough without ovulating and without a period, the uterine lining can build up, and then eventually bleeding will start, as you're having.
Also, when a woman doesn't ovulate, her ovaries may continue to be stimulated, which can result in high estrogen levels. The high estrogen can cause many of the symptoms of pregnancy, such as nausea and breast tenderness.
I would recommend that you see your doctor. Some progesterone pills will bring on a normal period, and then the irregular bleeding will stop. If you wish to become pregnant, your doctor can give you pills to help induce ovulation. Best wishes.