Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

What I don't understand is that just after my daughter was

what I don't understand is that just after my daughter was born I had a coil fitted and had it in place for 5 years I had it taken out last August. Then I had the current one fitted and I was fine with it until 2 months ago when I had some cramping which I put down too time of the month. Then last month I really bad stomach pains that are as strong as contractions I eventually had a bleed which lasted for 5 days and was heavier than previous. The contractions in my stomach haven't improved I think that might have got worse.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
You need to see a Dr to be sure the iud is in the correct position. Bleeding is very common with a new iud, even if you have had one before. Pain may indicate infection that must be treated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try and get a doctors appointment not sure when as getting GP appointments in the uk is not easy.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
When you have an iud, having pain is an emergency, it would warrant you being seen in an emergency clinic.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have an Appointment to see the doctor this morning.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
great, please consider giving me a positive rating.