Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I am 37, female and very obese. I spotted a dimple at the side

I am 37, female and very obese. I spotted a dimple at the side of my right breast. It disappears when I hold my hand up. I have sent two photos - one with the dimple, and one where you can't see it.
I don't feel any lump. No family history of breast cancer, have regular periods. No nipple discharge or retraction. No change in breast shape or texture (apart from the dimple).
Do you think it is weight related?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
I do not see any picture. If it disappears with movement and there is no lump under it, it is most likely benign. You should make a routine appointment for a breast exam. Skin dimples due to masses generally will not change with movement. They are due to pulling down of the skin by the mass or cancer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've attached three pictures - the last one is when my arm is raised when the dimple disappears.

Do you think it's weight related?

Thanks Dr K.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dr K. did you see my photos?

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
I see what you are talking about It looks like a depression due to fat, not a retraction. You should still make an appt for a breast exam.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Dr K. but do you think it is more likely to be because of fat rather than anything else? I'm sorry to be persistent - I have such bad health anxiety, you see and when I googled 'dimple on breast' which I know I shouldn't have done I was led to all these breast cancer sites that have scared me.

Like I said, I do have these types of dimples/indentations on my buttocks and the top of my legs.

After you've responded I will rate your services and thank you for your help.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
hpv is not a risk if you have been together 20 years
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry that showed up on the wrong question
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
It looks like a depression due to fatty tissue. It does not look like skin retraction due to cancer. I would still recommend a clinical exam by a DR
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Dr K for your great service.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks If you could choose a rating, would appreciate it.