Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I am trying to conceive, been on the pill 10yrs, had withdrawl

Customer Question

I am trying to conceive, been on the pill 10yrs, had withdrawl bleed for few days 31/3 and period 31/4 no nothing for 53 days what should I do?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
How old are you?Did you have regular periods before starting the pill? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm 27, I didn't have really regular periods but not as long as this, I was 16 when I wnet on the pill! Is there anything else I need to be doing to become pregnant
Since you haven't had a period for 53 days, that means that you haven't ovulated for 53 days, since ovulation is what brings on a period. You could wait, and maybe you'll start ovualting in time, but I would recommend seeing your doctor for evaluation.If no specific cause is found (some women just don't ovulate very regularly), then there are pills you can take each month to help to induce ovulation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I buy these pills?
In the US a prescription is required, and it's usually best to work with your doctor, so that you'll know whether they're working or not, and to know how much to take.
I suspect that you can probably buy them on line, but I don't recommend it. If you take too much, they can cause ovarian cysts, and if you don't take enough, they aren't helping. They are called Clomid.