Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
54412793

Im 5 weeks pregnant and no heart beat and baby yet but my left

Im 5 weeks pregnant and no heart beat and baby yet but my left ovary were i ovlated and realeased egg has left big hole and will get smaller when getting bigger in pregnavy. Whats thename ofthis condtion
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi It's Dr. C. Board-certified Ob-gyne. At 5 weeks it's too early to tell if the baby will be ok or not. It's a good sign that you have the left ovary "big hole". This is called the corpus luteum cyst. It produces hormones to keep the embryo alive until the placenta is big enough to take over. Most likely your doctor will want to repeat the ultrasound in 1 or 2 weeks. I hope this has been helpful and reassuring. Good luck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was a little worried because ive been getting serve psin from it and when had internal scan it showed up left ovary were ovalation took place and eggs burst threw was now a big hole bevause they said it will only start closing when get bigger. Is thier anythink to worry about or is this normal just scared thanks

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like the egg released on the left side. This can cause some temporary pain. It's very common but nothing to worry about as long as the pain doesn't continue to increase and get worse. I hope all turns out well. Anything else I can help with today?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will it deffo close when get bigger in pregnancy

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, if a woman is pregnant, the cyst closes off and starts to produce progesterone hormone. Then after 12 weeks of pregnancy it shrinks back down and goes away. At that point the placenta produces the progesterone and the cyst isn't needed any more. Anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks alot today they said it would be very painfully but just to rest why get so much pain if normal

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
It can leak fluid or blood and cause irritation of the lining in the area. But if the pain is getting worse, it's best to check back in with the doctor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks alot

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, glad to help. I hope you feel better soon and all goes well. Please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.