DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

I think i've got the right category!! PMDD

I think i've got the right category!! If not, please excuse me! I have for many years had symptoms of depression, anxiety, irritability,temperature control problems, insomnia, aches etc between one to two weeks before my period starts. They are very bad, not just the usual PMT, it seems. I just heard of PMDD - could it be that? I do suffer from depression and anxiety but this is much worse in those two weeks than the rest of the time. I tried Agnus Castus which helped but then i found out that it may affect contraception - i have a Nexplanon implant. I'm pretty certain its not due to the implant as i had the symptoms first. any advice or comment you can give would be helpful. My GP is very helpful but also very busy so i don't want to bother him without strong cause

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 2 years ago.
Helloall of the symptoms you described can be see in PMS in a single individual though it is rare.It is due to the effect of estrogen and progesterone after ovulation.So these symptoms are mainly relieved by ocp (BY STOPPING OVULATION)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I take it i would have to see my G P ?

yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is it really not ok to use Agnus Castus in the mean time, with my implant

AGNUS CASTUS is herbal medicine I have not having with great knowledge about it.It is used for PMS specially for stabilizing mood.But the benefit is not scientifically proved .It is your choice to take it or not.Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ThanksHave a nice day