Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

My girlfriend and I had sea on Thursday last (today is Monday)

Customer Question

My girlfriend and I had sea on Thursday last (today is Monday) and she has been having frequent and quite a lot amounts of discharge since and we are unsure of the problem. I did wear protection and we are framing out about it because we are really worried about what it could be. We looked up about it and it's saying it could be an infection or damage internally. The only other thing I can think of is that I was fingering her before sex and my hands might have been dirty from working with dirt and on the Friday after it I was fingering her too and my hands could have been a bit dirty from working with metal in work and I want to know would that have caused it?? It's kind of clear-white discharge and she just checked inside her vagina and it has little white lumps inside of it like broken up tissue. We are wondering is there anything we can do ourselves as we do not particularly want to go a doctor but is there any tablets or prescription we could use to help the matter?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Little white lumps and itching indicate a yeast infection. We do not give prescriptions on the site. There are many over the counter yeast treatments. The best is Vagistat one or the store equivalent. If her symptoms are not resolved in 3 days, she should see a Dr.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The little white lumps were not coming out with the discharge though, it was only when she checked inside her vagina that she found the lumps. Would this still indicate a yeast infection? Also how would she have got the yeast infection? Was it from my dirty hands somehow? My girlfriend said that there is an awful lot of discharge too and that she has never seen it this bad ever before. This just seems a bit abnormal to me and is this to do with the yeast infection too? Is there anything out there to reduce the amount of discharge by any chance or anything she can do to help it? Thanks again, Kieran.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Yes it indicates yeast infection. This is an overgrowth of normal bacteria in the vagina and can be from anything. Yes, excessive discharge is a yeast infection. As I mentioned above, she needs to treat with an over the counter yeast cream. That is what will stop it.