Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

There, Excuse me this is so bluntly but I'm

Customer Question

Hi there,
Excuse me for putting this is so bluntly but I'm very worried at this moment. My boyfriend and I have not had sex at all- but around the time I thought my period was due, I was staying at his house and I experienced a tiny bit of brown discharge. This left after a few hours. Excuse all the details, but he fingered me and he may have had a tiny bit of sperm on his finger. Anyway, two weeks late and my period still isn't here, and I thought I was meant to have it literally when I was staying at his house that weekend. Am I worrying about nothing? My periods are normally fairly regular although my last period was lighter than normal. I also have experienced vaginal discharge in the past and now/ but my doctor said this is completely normal and harmless. What are the chances of me being pregnant? Am I being ridiculous?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.

Since you were due to have your period around the time that he fingered you, you can at least be certain that his fingering you is not the cause of your late period. If you had gotten pregnant from the fingering, then it would cause a period 2 weeks later to be late, since pregnancy occurs at the time a woman ovulates, and ovulation (usually around mid-month) is what brings on a period 2 weeks later.

So you were going to miss your period, whether he fingered you or not, and pregnancy is not the cause. Lot's of things cause a woman to miss her period, especially stress. You don't mention your age, but if you're over 30, that's another reason for missing your period.

You don't have to worry about pregnancy, since it probably never occurs just from fingering, even with some sperm on the finger.

Most likely your period will come sooner or later. Occasionally a woman may go 3 months or more without a period. If that happened, I would see your doctor about it. Best wishes.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience: Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I am definitely not pregnant? I got the dates wrong- it was on the second of August that I saw him and the fingering took place and my period was due on about the 8th- 9th ( my last period was July 9th- 20th but quite light) I'm really worried still- just because I'm only 18 and my periods are normally pretty regular. Is it extremely uncommon to get pregnant from just being fingered with a small amount of sperm possibly?
Thankyou
Yes, it would be extremely uncommon.I'm sure that pregnancy is not the reason for your late period.Thank you for your payment and rating.