Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I came off Space the pill at Christmas because I wanted to

Customer Question

I came off Space the pill at Christmas because I wanted to start a family. Since then I have only had one period at the end of January and nothing since. I often have quite the pain in my arm to men that feels very much like period pain I don't actually get a period. I've been to see my local GP just keeps forcing me off and tell me that it is stress and is now nearly 9 months since my last period and I'm starting to get concerned. Is there a treatment for this
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
No periods generally means no ovulation, since ovulation brings on a period 2 weeks later.There is good treatment to help you to ovulate, pills to take for 5 days a month. If your GP won't help you, I would try to find someone who will. Perhaps the GP will refer you to an OB/GYN doctor.Stress may or may not be the cause of your not ovulating and not having periods, but regardless, it's treatable. Other causes are genetics, thyroid problems, and sometimes age. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the name of the treatment
Clomid (clomiphene) are the pills, 50mg daily for 5 days starting day 3 of your period.