Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
54412793

15 weeks pregnant been sleeping on my back and when I wake

15 weeks pregnant been sleeping on my back and when I wake up I can feel little hard bump is that my baby because any other time I just feel my utrues
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today. Yes at about 15 weeks, it's pretty common to start to feel the babies body parts. Depending on how big the hard bump is, it may be the babies knee, foot, head or buttocks. If it's your first pregnancy, you'll probably start feeling some movement in the next 2-4 weeks. It starts out like gas bubbles and becomes more obvious over time. I hope this was helpful and reassuring. Let me know if I can clarify anything or add more details.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is my 5th pregnancy and all day my bump has been stretching and causing pain been hard all day but when I wake up in back I feel bump soft but a hard thing in middle or side is that my baby me and my partner is feeling it hurts were baby is lying is that noal to thanks
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
If 5th pregnancy then you feel things much sooner. By the 5th pregnancy, a woman is experienced and can recognize the baby and movement much sooner. Definitely by the 15th week. It sounds pretty normal. Is there any way in which you're not feeling well? Or are you just worried about what you're feeling? I'd like to be sure I can help soften your worry today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've had pain and stretching all day and my little bump has been a weird shape and getting hard is that all normal and over feeling baby just made my partner very happy to feel our baby for first time even though it wasn't moving thanks
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
It depends on how much pain. If bothering you enough to interfere with what you want to get done, it need evaluation. If severe, this weekend. If mild, rest for the weekend and call the doctor Monday. But the weird shape is normal. The foot of the baby can really make a weird shape. Anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My bump goes soft round and feel hard were utrues is growing but today's sides tucked in and bump more like s long stretched egg shape if I make sense thanks
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
It's hard to say without being able to feel it myself. If it's along the sides, it's possible that it's loops of bowel. At any rate, if you're not in a lot of pain, just follow-up with your OB next week. They would be able to examine the area and for sure tell you what it is you're feeling. Anything else?