Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
54412793

I was on day 2 of taking clomid when I had a hormone blood

Customer Question

I was on day 2 of taking clomid when I had a hormone blood test. The results came back that my oestradiol level was 59pmol, which I know is very low. Is this normal when taking clomid or do I have a problem?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne with 30+ years of experience. I can help you today. The estrogen level changes throughout the cycle. It's actually supposed to be low on day 2 of the cycle. This is because the follicle producing estrogen hasn't developed yet. One of the tests of fertility we do is to check the estradiol level early in the cycle. A high estrogen level, above 100 is BAD. It's a sign that the ovaries are struggling and misreading the signals triggering development. An estradiol level under 100 is GOOD. Here is a graph that shows the hormone levels during the cycle. You can clearly see that on Day 2 of the cycle, the estrogen level should be low:
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
I hope this is reassuring and you have a successful cycle. Good luck!
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Any questions? If none, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.