Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

About one year ago me and my GF bought cytotec pills

Customer Question

About one year ago me and my GF bought cytotec pills for her abortion she was around 40 days pregnant and the abortion was successful. Her last period was on 25/7/ this year, on August she used cytotec (4 pills in her vigina and 3 pills orally 200 Mcg) excaly same method as she used last year, she didn't experience any severe bleeding or pain which indicates the abortion is not successful. We bough the same medicine again today using the same method as well but she didn't experience any severe bleeding for more than 6 hours as of now. Could you tell me what is wrong and what is the solution since the med should be at least 80% effective. We are planing to buy the same abortion pills and use it for the third time and we would like to send you some pictures of the pills we are using and provide with info from the label to indicate whether the med fake or original as we are suspecting it because of it's ineffectiveness.

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Cytotec alone is only 80 percent effective alone. It can be used twice. That means it doesn't work 20 percent of the time and she would need to see a dr.