Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
54412793

I started my period on the 15th this month and I got a app

Customer Question

I started my period on the 15th this month and I got a app on my phone and is saying am ovulation on the 29 of September
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is true if a woman has a 28 day cycle from the start of one period to the start of the next. If a woman has a cycle length of 29 days, it would be the 30th. If a cycle length of 30 days, it would be October 1st, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had the injection done last year to stop baby's and I stop last year is it out of my body yet
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
After Depo-Provera injection, it can take up to 18 months to get fertility back. But this depends on how many shots were given. The more shots, the longer it takes. If just 1 or 2 shots, it's gone by 1 year.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had 1 or 2 shots in 2014 but last October I got my period only for one day and then I got my period every other month but now I get my period every month nowDoes this mean I got my fertility back? Thanks you been so helpful
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
If just 1=2 shots, fertility is certainly back to baseline by 1 year. If the period is every month, it's a sign of ovulation every month. But there are many possible causes of trouble getting pregnant. So time to get a local expert involved.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
like who
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Either a fertility specialist or a reproductive endocrinologist. They have special training in helping women who are having trouble getting pregnant.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so my fertility will be back in December
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this month
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
It will be back to whatever it was before the shots minus age related changes. Yes, so good luck and time to finish this question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what does a fertility specialist help me with
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Doing testing to find out why the trouble getting pregnant and discussing the best treatment for getting pregnant.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can I book a appointment with my doctor tomorrow
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my partner also medication
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
take
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Well you need figure out if you need a referral from your regular doctor or can book an appointment directly with the fertility specialist. It's very unlikely you'll be able to get in tomorrow.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
does your doctor have to referral u
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
It depends on your insurance situation. Sometimes yes but other times patients can "self-refer". You need to check with your insurance about it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what do u mean
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
I believe you live in the UK? In the UK you have to see your assigned doctor first. They will then place a referral for you for a fertility specialist once you've explained the problem to them and they feel they have done everything that they are qualified to do to help first.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I book a appointment tomorrow then
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my fertily days are 25 to the 1st October and am ovulation on the 30th of September is it possible I can get pregnant
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Yes it's possible. Time will tell.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
am really fertily on the 29th,30th,1st is it a possibility I can get pregnant on those days and do I have to sex on all my fertily days
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Yes it's possible. I hope it happens. Good luck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do I have to have sex on all my fertily days
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Every 2nd day is fine because sperm can live for 3 days.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I brought a ovulation test in boots and am ovulation on the 30th when sould I test
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
If pregnant, test 14 days later. Good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can u use ovulation test as pregnancy tests
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got depo injection last marah but I got my period last October and then i had my period every other month but now I got my periods every month now

what does this mean