Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, 5 years experience in the field of General Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Is there any of my meds i'm currently taking that is causing

Customer Question

is there any of my meds i'm currently taking that is causing me to miss-carry. i take naproxin, baclofen, tramadol, ranitidine, oxybutynin, gabapentin, do any of these cause me to miss-carry.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query. Data from animal studies suggest that tramadol causes miscarriage and fetal abnormalities so it is advised not to take this drug during pregnancy.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.​​​​​​​​​
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** been taking tramadol for about 5 years now at the rate of 6 tablets of 50mg per day. 100mg 3 times daily.
can i just stop taking them or should i gradually reduce my dose and if so at what rate would you sugest?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, why are you taking tramol for so long? You have to reduce it gradually over he period of month you should stop taking it but first you have to discuss it with your physician who prescribed it.
Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.
Wish you good luck.