Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

I am travelling India and was admired in to hospital

Customer Question

Hello. I am travelling India and was admired in to hospital to have a bartholins absess drained on Monday - it has been 4 days since the procedure and I have felt no pain. Today the area is pulsating and tingling, and I have noticed a build up of white
tissue/discharge(?) In the wound - attached is a photo. Does it look like the area could be getting infected? Or is the build up of this white tissue a normal part of the healing process. Do I need to go back to the hospital? Apologies for the graphic photo
:(
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another shot
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
That white area looks like intertrigo. It's a yeast infection of the skin fold it can be treated with over the counte medication like clotrimazole.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I have a yeast infection in the cut of the absess drainage site? Will this cream be safe to put on an open wound?
Many thanks.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Do not get the cream right on the suture line