Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

My partner got acne like spots on his chin which developed

Customer Question

Hi, my partner got acne like spots on his chin which developed the day after engaging in oral sex with me. He doesn't usually get any spots and we've both tested negative for stds. I was on a course of antibiotics prior to this and had had oral thrush, which was in the process of being treated. Is it possible that the two are related as we're both worried? Thanks
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
It's possible that the two are related. Since you had oral thrush, you may well have had vaginal yeast as well.Yeast (candida) can sometimes cause acne like pimples. They will often resolve just with normal face washing, but if not, an over the counter yeast cream should take care of it.We all have yeast in and on our bodies, and it's just when there is an imbalance that they can cause problems. Best wishes to you both.