Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
54412793

We want to go privite but can I have my 5th c sect

We want to go privite for ivf but can I have my 5th c section? I live in wales
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne with 30+ years of experience. I can help you today. Yes it is possible to have a 5th C-section. Each C-section increases the risk of life-threatening bleeding and abnormalities with the placenta. The risk of needing a hysterectomy to stop bleeding is increased with each C-section. Here is a link to a summary of the risks with repeat C-section: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16738145 It is strongly recommended that your doctors are well-prepared for the possibility of heavy bleeding and the need for hysterectomy. I hope this information was helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything or add more details. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had no other problems with the other c sections
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
That's a very good sign. You must heal well. But the doctors would still be very careful. Often problems with the placenta can be detected by ultrasound ahead of time. You doctor will certainly be cautious and prepared. Anything else I can help with today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will they. Do the ivf for me after 4th c sections hoping to go privite
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
I don't see why not. As long as you are making an informed decision, knowing that the risks are higher with each C-section. They should not refuse you for that reason alone as far as I can tell.