Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
54412793

I have a few moles on the outer part of my labia...

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today. Is it possible for you to attach a photo of the lesions into this QA. There should be an option for doing this on your screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you. Where would the option be?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
It might be a paperclip or the words attach file or something like that. Do you have anything like that on your screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I see a plus sign that says add files.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that's it. You'll need to attach your camera or phone to the computer once you've taken an image and browse the files to attach.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I do i Cloud photo sharing?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can paste a link into this QA.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's asking "to" as in who to send to.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Hmmm, I'm not sure about that then. Let me get the moderator to help us. I sent a request for help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I send it as a message or to an email address?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
The moderator will help figure it out. They should be with you shortly. I'll be on-line for the next 4-5 hours so will look for the file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I please just email you the picture?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/150d8d089455404b?projector=1
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure if that is the correct way to do this or not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you please look at this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello? Are you still there?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
The link doesn't seem to work. Let me try again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just emailed back with pics; this is the only way I can think of right now, sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, think I figured this out at last!
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Got them. They're a bit out of focus so hard for me to tell what you're concerned about. Let me look at them again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it's difficult to well...you know, keep everything open and still be able to take the pics with my camera.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
I see a flat irregular darkish area and perhaps a smaller slightly raised area? It would help if it was more in focus if possible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They're both flat, one of them, the larger one, has been there for years, the other one, I'm not sure how long it's been there.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Of, as long as the larger one hasn't changed over the years, it's not concerning. The smaller one you can monitor over time and again if no change over time, no concerns. Be sure to mention to your gynecologist to check them next time you have an exam. Any other questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I'm attaching a few more...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just one more actually...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One more
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am wondering how common it is for women to have moles in this intimate area? I saw a dermatologist last week for an all over skin check but forgot to ask her to look in that particular area; she did tell me though that as we age it is more likely to have moles pop up in strange places...so I'm just wondering if this is something you see frequently with women in your practice?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** *****'s clearer. It's very common to have moles on the vulvar skin. It's like any other skin. Yes as women age, it's more common to have skin lesions pop up. If there are new ones in the genital area, we do monitor them. Women can get melanoma in the vulvar skin. The important part is whether it's stable over time or not. Sometimes if it's something a woman hasn't noticed before I have her back in 3 or 6 months so I can check it again. Anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So you don't think these are anything to be concerned about then?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
It doesn't look like it. The one that's stable for many years is certainly not a worry. Since you don't know how long the other one has been there, you should watch it to make sure it doesn't rapidly increase in size. Chances are close to zero that either of these will ever be a problem. Anything else for today?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much; I appreciate your expertise.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome. I'm glad to help. Please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do, thanks!