Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
54412793

I have a few moles on the outer part of my labia...

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today. Is it possible for you to attach a photo of the lesions into this QA. There should be an option for doing this on your screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you. Where would the option be?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
It might be a paperclip or the words attach file or something like that. Do you have anything like that on your screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see a plus sign that says add files.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that's it. You'll need to attach your camera or phone to the computer once you've taken an image and browse the files to attach.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I do i Cloud photo sharing?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can paste a link into this QA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's asking "to" as in who to send to.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm, I'm not sure about that then. Let me get the moderator to help us. I sent a request for help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I send it as a message or to an email address?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
The moderator will help figure it out. They should be with you shortly. I'll be on-line for the next 4-5 hours so will look for the file.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I please just email you the picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/150d8d089455404b?projector=1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if that is the correct way to do this or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please look at this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? Are you still there?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
The link doesn't seem to work. Let me try again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just emailed back with pics; this is the only way I can think of right now, sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, think I figured this out at last!
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Got them. They're a bit out of focus so hard for me to tell what you're concerned about. Let me look at them again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it's difficult to well...you know, keep everything open and still be able to take the pics with my camera.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
I see a flat irregular darkish area and perhaps a smaller slightly raised area? It would help if it was more in focus if possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They're both flat, one of them, the larger one, has been there for years, the other one, I'm not sure how long it's been there.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Of, as long as the larger one hasn't changed over the years, it's not concerning. The smaller one you can monitor over time and again if no change over time, no concerns. Be sure to mention to your gynecologist to check them next time you have an exam. Any other questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I'm attaching a few more...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one more actually...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am wondering how common it is for women to have moles in this intimate area? I saw a dermatologist last week for an all over skin check but forgot to ask her to look in that particular area; she did tell me though that as we age it is more likely to have moles pop up in strange places...so I'm just wondering if this is something you see frequently with women in your practice?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** *****'s clearer. It's very common to have moles on the vulvar skin. It's like any other skin. Yes as women age, it's more common to have skin lesions pop up. If there are new ones in the genital area, we do monitor them. Women can get melanoma in the vulvar skin. The important part is whether it's stable over time or not. Sometimes if it's something a woman hasn't noticed before I have her back in 3 or 6 months so I can check it again. Anything else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you don't think these are anything to be concerned about then?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't look like it. The one that's stable for many years is certainly not a worry. Since you don't know how long the other one has been there, you should watch it to make sure it doesn't rapidly increase in size. Chances are close to zero that either of these will ever be a problem. Anything else for today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much; I appreciate your expertise.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. I'm glad to help. Please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do, thanks!