Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Doctor, my girlfriend (age 64) has a small round very

Hello Doctor, my girlfriend (age 64) has a small round very dark spot adjacent to Labia maj. Does not hurt or itch. Found by chance in shower. She cannot see it. Have not yet persuaded her to see GP. We are sexually active. I have no symptoms of anything. Spot very like small mole, 2mm, regular, dome-like, very dark in colour. Have not yet taken photo, don't wish to panic her but I have lost two wives to Ca.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Most likely the dark spot is a mole, which are common, including on the vulva.However, malignant melanoma also occurs in the same area, so I would recommend that she see her doctor to have it checked.Melanoma tends to be larger, less smooth, irregular borders, some variation in color. I think melanoma is pretty unlikely, but the only way to be sure is to have it checked. If the doctor isn't sure, it can be removed and examined under a microscope.Best wishes to you both.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will keep an eye on it and if there is the slightest change insist she sees her GP. Thank you for your prompt response.
You're very welcome.Thank you for your payment and rating.