Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I am 26 years old and have had my first period at 19

Hi, I am 26 years old and have had my first period at 19 after having lost about 20 kg in weight. After that I have only had had period whilst on the pill. I am obese and am aware that this is a massive factor but I have had several tests done in regards
to PCOS and Endocrinology screening, and no cysts, hormones normal. I am 5''10 and had dropped down to 80 kg 4 years ago but still did not get my period. Was prescribed clomifene 10mg which did nothing, then took 20mg and HCG injections which always caused
an ovulation. I have also moved a lot and keep having to repeat myself with GPs in the UK, am quite puzzled but still working on the weight loss anyway for now.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, so sorry, I must come across very confused, which I honestly am. I am just unsure about what step to take next and also have never been told a possible cause for my condition.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what blood work was done- be sure you have had a karyotype done and also testing for congenital adrenal hyperplasia. At this point your hormones need to be retested also. You should see an endocrine Dr again if you are able.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will suggest that to the GP and ask for a referral, just moved again so it will take some time but thanks for that.