Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

I'm about 8weeks pregnant and yesterday and today I have noticed

Customer Question

I'm about 8weeks pregnant and yesterday and today I have noticed when I wipe there is dark brown on the tissue is this normal didn't have this with my first one
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or Skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.A few questions first to clarify your concern:1. Have you had any cramping? If so describe.2. Any discomfort during urination? If so for how long?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had no cramping and no pain of any kind on urination. I some time have brown disclosure toon on my pants only a few spots. I'm not due to have a scan till 1st December
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the additional information. That's good that you have not had any pain or cramping. The symptoms you described are considered spotting. Spotting can occur at anytime in a pregnancy resulting in concern for the fetus. It is good that you are scheduled to have an ultrasound scan (US) soon, this will provide further information. For now continue to observe the spotting, i.e. length of time, to give this information to your provider when she reviews your US. If the spotting increases to bleeding and you have cramping then this might indicate a threaten abortion, and possibly lead to a miscarriage (SAB). If this occurs then you should contact your provider. At this point, this amount of spotting is very little and may be indicative of implantation bleeding which does occur around this time in the pregnancy. Don't be alarmed, it will not have any long term effects on your baby. Try to relax but most importantly stay well hydrated. It is important that you are mindful of your water intake because women in pregnancy are at risk of developing a UTI. You should be avoiding or substantially reducing your caffeine intake as it will increase your risk of dehydration & ultimately a UTI. Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this question as my goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied with your answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My is was my scheduled one . Do you think that I should go to my local walk in centre at a hospital and see if they can do a scan to make sure all is ok ?
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
A few questions:1. Were there any complications with your other pregnancies? IF so what?2. Did you experience any preterm labor? IF so descibe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problems at all he was late needed to be induced . Just went to the toilet and on pant had a more blood looking stain about 10mls
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
At this point, given your symptoms and history there is not reason to suspect anything is wrong. And getting an unscheduled US in an urgent center/ER is not as good as a scheduled US in a office setting. An unscheduled one may not give you any answers just create more worry. Unless the other symptoms occur I would just stay with the plan and get it on Dec 1 as scheduled.Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this question as my goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied with your answer.Please be sure to rate me so I will get compensated for my timeHave a great day!
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
Will be away from site until this evening. Let me know if you have further questions on this tpic
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
.Hi, I see you do not have any other questions at this time. Please be sure to rate me so I will get compensated for my timeHave a great day!