Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
54412793

What's more accurate fundal height at 33 weeks or early transabdominal

What's more accurate fundal height at 33 weeks or early transabdominal scan done at 6,9,13 weeks with same due date?
What's accuracy rate of abdominal scans in early trimester?
Need advise
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne with 30+ years of experience. I can help you today. There is no controversy about this answer. It is absolutely 100% certain that the most accurate way of determining conception date is a first trimester ultrasound, especially one done between 7 and 10 weeks of gestational age. The growth of an embryo is very consistent up to about 10 weeks gestational age (or 8 weeks after conception). After that. genetic and external environmental factors influence the growth. The most accurate estimate of conception is from the ultrasounds that you had early on that all match. Please reply if I can clarify anything. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.