Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I discovered a mark on my labia majors my doctor

Customer Question

I discovered a mark on my labia majors my doctor called it. It is a varicose vein. I am aged 61. I didn't think it was possible to get a varicose vein there. Could tight trousers have caused it? My doctor told me to keep an eye on it and if there is any change to notify him.
Will it change?
Renee
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
It's possible to get a varicose vein on the labia majora. It's caused by some congenital weakness of the vein wall plus internal pressure, same as other varicose veins. Being a woman is also a risk factor. I don't think they have anything to do with wearing tight trousers.It probably won't change much. It might get a little bigger over time. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your very helpful and reassuring reply. Best wishes.
You're very welcome.Thank you for your payment and rating.