How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question

Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 3064
Experience:  30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
54412793
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now

Could you please let me know is at age 35 and AMH at

Customer Question

Hello
Could you please let me know is at age 35 and AMH at 10.5 pmol/L is possible to have children natural way?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today. The AMH level of 10.5 pmol/L is actually a high result. It is consistent with a possible diagnosis of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). But even if there was PCOS, natural pregnancy is possible. In order to know if a woman had PCOS, she would need to meet 2 out of 3 diagnostic criteria. These are: 1. characteristic polycystic appearance of ovaries on ultrasound2. a history of skipping periods not due to another diagnosis3. evidence of excess androgens such as excess hair growth or severe acne If a woman does fit 2 out of 3 and is diagnosed with PCOS, she may need a fertility medication. But there is something natural to try first. There is strong research evidence that the use of a b vitamin called myo-inositol can improve ovulation and increase chance of pregnancy. I want to make sure you have the most helpful information for your situation so please reply if you want more details or need clarification.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you are mistaken10.5 pmol is around 1.4 ng/ml which is a low level,please adviseRef Ranges:Age 20 - 29 (13.1 - 53.8)Age 30 - 34 ( 6.8 - 47.8)Age 35 - 39 ( 5.5 - 37.4)Age 40 - 44 ( 0.7 - 21.2)Age 45 - 50 ( 0.3 - 14.7)
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
When I ran the calculation I got 4.67 ng/ml. Let me run it again.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
I got the same result again but will look for a different conversion calculator.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know your opinion at 1.4 ng/ml , I'm sure is nit 4.6
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
ok, I'll check into it later. Obviously you've already checked into it. 1.4 is at the low end of the normal range. If a patient was in my care, I'd do additional testing of ovarian reserve. Did you have any day 3 FSH and estradiol levels drawn? Or a day 3 ultrasound to measure ovarian volume or resting antral follicle count? If a woman was not pregnant within 6 months of trying with sex 2-3 x weekly at age 35, those would be the next steps along with additional testing. We'd also do a semen analysis and test thyroid function and prolactin hormone levels. Sometimes we'd also check the fallopian tubes with a test called hysterosalpingogram. That would constitute a full enough work-up to have an idea of what the next steps should be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had a miscarry over 6 moths ago(1st one) and we had sex only twice that month
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
How long had you been trying prior to that pregnancy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We didn't, but if I was pregnant I shouldn't be worry about this low AMH level ?. I just want to know is this AMH level is normal . Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
No this isn't to worry about unless you had been trying for a pregnancy for 6 months by having sex 2-3 times weekly during the most fertile time of the month. The fact that you got pregnant previously without really trying is a very good sign. Sometimes it's hard if the first time a woman gets pregnant, it ends in a miscarriage. About 25% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. So the chance is 75% that next time all will go well. Is there anything else I can clarify? I'm still looking for a reliable conversion formula to use. Obviously the one I had wasn't a good one.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Ah I just figured out what my error was, I used the molecular weight of the wrong hormone!
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Any other questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please advise the correct ng/ml result ?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, let me run the conversion: X ng/mL x 1000 x 1/140 = 10.5 pmol/L That means X = just under 1.5 ng/mL The molecular weight of AMH = 140 kg/mol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Anything else?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
If no more questions, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

What Customers are Saying:

 
 
 
  • I feel so much better today, and upon further investigation believe that there is a chance that the responses I got saved me FROM a serious, even life threatening situation. I am very grateful to the experts who answered me. Susan O.
< Previous | Next >
  • I feel so much better today, and upon further investigation believe that there is a chance that the responses I got saved me FROM a serious, even life threatening situation. I am very grateful to the experts who answered me. Susan O.
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
 
 
 

Meet The Experts:

 
 
 
  • Monika Hearne, M.D.

    Monika Hearne, M.D.

    Board Certified OB/GYN

    Satisfied Customers:

    5180
    With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
< Last | Next >
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/drhearne/2009-11-8_74742_monika_hearne2.jpg Monika Hearne, M.D.'s Avatar

    Monika Hearne, M.D.

    Board Certified OB/GYN

    Satisfied Customers:

    5180
    With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/DR/DrK99/newpic2.64x64.jpg Dr. K.'s Avatar

    Dr. K.

    Board Certified OB/GYN

    Satisfied Customers:

    124
    OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/DO/doctor norm/2013-8-13_19659_drnorm.64x64.jpg Dr. Norm S.'s Avatar

    Dr. Norm S.

    Board Certified OB/GYN

    Satisfied Customers:

    7899
    Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/SA/SaulJE/2013-8-20_202642_drsaul.64x64.jpg Dr. Saul's Avatar

    Dr. Saul

    Doctor

    Satisfied Customers:

    1877
    I am a board certified, practicing obstetrician gynecologist with many years of clinical experience.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/RO/rollins/2015-5-30_142734_.64x64.jpg Dr. C.'s Avatar

    Dr. C.

    Board Certified

    Satisfied Customers:

    1335
    30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/jbbrowndoc/2009-09-29_180651_headshot.jpg Dr.JBB's Avatar

    Dr.JBB

    Board Certified OB/GYN

    Satisfied Customers:

    1293
    15 yrs experience in Women's Health, Pelvic reconstruction and Incontinence
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/RP/Rpjtlawr/2012-9-5_16443_Robportraitadjusted.64x64.jpg Dr. Lawrence's Avatar

    Dr. Lawrence

    OB/GYN

    Satisfied Customers:

    371
    Board Certified OB/GYN and accomplished educator