Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I'm 9 weeks pregnant and have been having brown discharge.

I'm 9 weeks pregnant and have been having brown discharge. Doctor did scan 2 weeks ago and said she can't see anything wrong. But today I've had really bright yellow discharge and even some hard yellow bits came out with the wee. I'm really worried, because not sure what's happening.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
As long as there was a heartbeat seen 2 weeks ago, most likely this is nothing to worry about.It's common to have increased discharge during pregnancy, which may be yellow or other colors.
I don't know what the hard yellow bits are, but they don't sound like anything serious.The main risk in early pregnancy is miscarriage, but as long as a heartbeat is seen, the chance of miscarriage is low. In that case, the brown discharge is usually from slight bleeding from the placenta, which usually stops after a while.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just worried, that something could've changed since last scan. Yes, there was a strong heartbeat.
It's unlikely that anything has changed since the last scan. However, for your peace of mind you could ask your doctor to do another scan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.Thank you for your payment and rating.