Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I am 10 weeks plus 2 days pregnant. I am 36 and I am overweight

Customer Question

I am 10 weeks plus 2 days pregnant. I am 36 and I am overweight but eat healthily. I drank heavily until I found out that I was pregnant at 5 weeks. In 2012 I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks. My husband has low sperm count and motility and poor morphology so we had ICSI in 2013 which was successful. This pregnancy is a happy suprise but I terrified about the possibility of a miscarriage or a missed miscarriage. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks plus 2 days and according to the somorgrapher everything was as it should be, and we could all hear the heartbeat. Last week I had a chest infection and yesterday I was ill with diarrhea and achy limbs. I've been generally very tired until today (though admittedly I have had a bit more sleep) and my breasts have been sore but are less so today. I have stayed the same weight (though I am putting that down to not drinking) and my stomach looks a bit bloated but it just feels of fat. I have had a light, clear, non odorous discharge throught. What is the likelihood that I have had a silent miscarriage, or that I am likely to miscarry?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
As long as you had a normal heartbeat, the chance of miscarriage is very low.It's common to have increased discharge during pregnancy.Breast soreness can vary during pregnancy, since there are other things besides hormones that result in breast soreness (stress, caffeine, etc).I think you can relax. If you continue to be terrified, perhaps your doctor will do another ultrasound to help to reassure you. Best regards.