Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I've had two pregnancy scans telling me I'm 6 weeks pregnant

Customer Question

Hi I've had two pregnancy scans telling me I'm 6 weeks pregnant but I had unprotected sex 4 weeks.6 days ago (6th Nov) and unprotected sex 28th sept and I've had a menstrual circle on 17th October to 21st can you pls help which is the date of conception
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
What was the date of the first scan, and exactly how many weeks were you on that scan? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9th Dec the first scan and today 10th both 6 weeks
First of all, because of the way we and ultrasounds measure pregnancy, when the scan says you're 6 weeks pregnant, that means that you got pregnant 4 weeks ago,since we measure pregnancy from last period (actual or computed).With the scan saying you are 6 weeks on December 9, that gives you a conception date of November 11. That date should be accurate within about 5 days, meaning that you got pregnant from November 6 to November 16.So if the only days around then that you had sex were September or November 6, you must have gotten pregnant from sex on November 6.