Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
54412793

On November 29 I did a pregnancy test and tested positive.

Hi.On November 29 I did a pregnancy test and tested positive. I am 25 years old but not ready for that now. My question is if it is late now to interrupt pregnancy...
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Whether it's too late on or depends on how far along the pregnancy is. Are your cycles regular? When is the first day of your last period cycle? That will give an estimate of how far along you are.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My cycles don t was regular. My last day of period cycle was on 29 oct.that means the first day was 30 oct. I've done the pregnacy test on 29 Nov and it was positive and another one two days ago and it was the same. What can I do to stop this and don t be to late...
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
With that information, you're likely about 6 weeks of gestational age or 4 weeks past conception. Abortion is legal in the UK and you'd qualify for either a surgical or medication induced abortion. It needs to be done by a qualified doctor in an N.H.S. hospital or in a clinic that has been approved for abortions by the Department of Health. You should be able to find such a provider or clinic by doing an internet search for "abortion" and the location you are. Any other questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand i can make abortion before with 12 weeks when my pregnacy started. Will be costly? If I speak with my GP about my situation will be more easy for me to find a place where I need to do abortion...
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
The N.H.S. provides abortion for free with a referral, so yes, you'll need to talk to your GP. In some locations it may be hard to get an abortion if there aren't a lot of providers. The larger the city you are in, the more likely there will be providers.Some women choose to use a clinic run by an abortion charity or a private clinic to avoid going through the NHS service. Fees will vary, but an average fee for an abortion is £300.00 - £500.00. This can be obtained without a referral. You'd find such a clinic by internet search. Anything else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help.