Dr. Tim, MD
Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN
Experience:  General OB/GYN, complicated obstetrics, complicated GYN
62949540

Im 34 weeks pregnant got bad sharp sticthing pain in back an

Customer Question

Im 34 weeks pregnant got bad sharp sticthing pain in back an and lower adomen getting pain to lower mid back been hurting more and need loo all time. Ive been very itchy all over and Face and its been burnin 'll g and blister whats happening any think to worry about
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Tim, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I would be happy to help. Two things appear to be going on:1. Abdominal and back pain can be a sign of contractions / preterm labor2. Itching and rash can be a sign of a common problem referred to as PUPPs (a pregnancy rash that itches), but it can be a sign of a more concerning condition called cholestasis of pregnancy. I would recommend that you first be evaluated for preterm labor. Next, you need to contact your OB to have the rash evaluated and possible labs drawn to evaluate for cholestasis. This is a condition that can affect the way that the placenta functions and can put the baby at risk. Please let me know if this helps and remember to provide a POSITIVE rating.Dr. Tim
I am just following up to see if you have any additional questions.Dr. Tim