Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I am 26 years old and today was told by my doctor that my

I am 26 years old and today was told by my doctor that my smear results showed high level of abnormalities. I am now awaiting an appointment to attend a biopsy.
For the past 24 months I have had numerous ailments and have been misdiagnosed with Crohn's, IBS and more.
In October I had a CT Scan and MRI so the doctors could tell
me what was wrong - this didn't pick up anything and I was given the all clear.
I have 2 children aged 4 and 2 and started to feel unwell after my last child was born.
I have a lot of pain in my right ovary and when I lay down I can see it is raised and have been told there is swelling there (around 4 weeks ago).
Over the past couple of months I have had severe pain in my right ovary, irregular periods, pain in my right leg weight loss and bloated stomach.
I am aware these are symptoms of cervical cancer however my sister in law was diagnosed last month with stage 1 cervical cancer and had a hysterectomy last week- however she presented no symptoms.
I want to know if mine would be more likely to be worse as I have the symptoms or does the symptoms measure how sever it is.
Could someone with no symptoms have a higher stage than someone who doesn't.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
These are not symptoms of cervical cancer. If you had advance cervical cancer that was causing the symptoms, the CT scan would clearly show the cancer. I am sure that you have a high grade dysplasia that is easily treatable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I know you say they aren't cancerous symptoms but every leaflet I've and suggests they are.I had an issue with my gallstone hence the CT scan...my doctor is now checked the CT scan checked for everything..... I have a massive swelling where my ovary is - is bruised and very painful could that be a tumour?I can see it clearly from out outside can send pic
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
No bruising of the skin is not a tumor Can you post a picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but it won't allow me the option to do so on here - can you open a chat?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
no there is no chat any more You can post a picture. Check with custotmer service
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://s629.photobucket.com/upload?postregister=true
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
sorry cannot view picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I don't know how else to get it across.
I went to see a doctor yesterday and he told me all my symptoms are related to these cells I have.
I wanted to ask- if my CT scan in October was clear - could that have developed into late stages of cervical cancer in 3 months?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
No There is no possible way that you have cervical cancer with a negative CT scan. And I am sorry but I do believe your Dr is wrong, an abnormal pap does not cause symptoms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you so much
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
sure Please consider a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I will definitely give you a positive rating.... The final thing I wanted to know- was could it be ovarian cancer?
Or would that have shown up on a CT scan or blood tests I've had?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
It would show up on the CT and is so rare in your age, almost non existant