Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

I have a black spot on my labia and am panicking that it is

i have a black spot on my labia and am panicking that it is something sinister
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or Skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.A few questions first to clarify your concern:1. How long have you noticed it? When was the last time you viewed the area without it being present?2. Please describe: size, shape3. Has it changed in color, shape, or size since you last saw it?4. Do you have any medical problems? Skin conditions? If so what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. This is the first time that I noticed it so I am not sure how long it has been there.
It is 2-3mm diameter and is dark brown/black.
I take yasminelle as contraceptive pill and 40mg fluoxetine per day.
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information. It sounds like it could be a mole, generally if it is new then you want to observe it over the next month to see if it changes. If it does change then you should have it examined. Most moles in this area are benign as long as they remain unchanged. A mole can appear in an area and be unrecognized for some time. However most moles which do not enlarge or change shape or color are usually benign and warrant observation. Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this question as my goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied with your answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for this information. Is it possible to have a benign mole on the labia minora? It is something I have never heard of before
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I see this all the time in my patients. But please remember that a visual inspection is the only way to determine what it is.