Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

My husband and I had unprotected sex during my peak fertility

Customer Question

Hi, My husband and I had unprotected sex during my peak fertility time (as per the ovulation test). I tested negative on pregnancy test and my period started. 3 days later I started spotting which has never happened before. What could it be?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The spotting started 3 days after my period finished and has been like it for 3 days now. It is now a pick discharge. My ovulation test are showing as not ovulating and pregnancy test is negative still.
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Spotting after the end of a period is a sign that the uterus has not been able yo expel all the blood during the period. Spotting can also be due to conditions like cervical polyps, cervical erosion, fibroids or infections.If the amount of blood loss during the period was normal, then the spotting cannot be due to a period.Please test for ovulation at aorund 12-14 days of your cycle this month.