Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had the copper coil removed on 12th Jan. We have been

Hi, I had the copper coil removed on 12th Jan. We have been trying for baby no 3. I started my period on the 19th Jan and it finished 24th (last day of bleeding). I took ovulation tests which indicated I was ovulating on the 4th and 5th of Feb. We had sex on the 1St, 2nd, 4th, 7th. Since then iv had slight cramping on my left side and really bad heartburn one night which I was close to being sick with but wasnt. My basal body temp has been over 97.5f since ovulation and this morning it was 98.24f. My period is due to start tomorrow. Also my cervical mucus is rather wet n slippery with a whiteish colour under my nail when I check. From what iv read my basal body temp is meant to go down before a period and dry down below. But im producing negative tests. What do you think?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Ovulation usually occurs about 14 days before the next period starts. According to my calculations, February 5 plus 14 would mean that your period would start about February 19.None of this is exact, but I would recommend giving it all a little time and see what happens.Usually it's best to wait until you miss a period to do a pregnancy test, although I know it's difficult to wait. It does save some money and frustration.you may or may not be pregnant. Time will tell. It takes the average normal couple 4-5 months to get pregnant, on average. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So u dont count it from start of one period to the beginning of the next then? Thats what iv been doin. So confusing. Xxx
We count your cycle from start of one period to the start of the next.But although cycles may vary a lot in length, it's fairly constant that once ovulation occurs, the following period will start 13-14 days later.
Thank you for your payment and rating.