Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I stopped depo after 3 years 6 months ago desperate to conceive

I stopped depo after 3 years 6 months ago desperate to conceive no cycle as yet. Is it a good idea to use herbal remedies to promote ovulation and period returning?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Some women don't ovulate for many months after stopping depo. I don't believe that there are any proven value to herbal remedies to promote ovulation.However, there are good medications, such as Clomid, which will usually cause ovulation to occur. They work by increasing the signals from the pituitary gland which result in ovulation. They usually have few side effects.I would recommend seeing your doctor to discuss this and for a prescription for Clomid. Best wishes.
Thank you for your payment and rating.