Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

I have lower abdominal pain. It feels like period pains. I have had

Customer Question

I have lower abdominal pain. It feels like period pains. I have had this for approx 3 weeks, and I have finished my current period on Wednesday 17 Feb. I still have the pain. I am 49 years old.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for a reply to the above. Extra details - I have not had a smear test for over 10 years stupidly. Am really worried its cervical or ovarian cancer. Can you please reply.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am a cancer doctor.I am sorry you are having these pains.have you been sexually active? sexual activity can often cause trauma and bleeding and that is more common than cervical cancer or ovarian cancer.ovarian cancer would not tend to cause excessive vaginal bleeding.uterine fibroids are very common and tend to cause more bleeding as wellyou need to go to your GP doctor or the A&E hospital and get a gyn examination and pelvic ultrasound.chances of cancer are still small at your age.do you have a GP doctor? or hospital where you can go and get some testing?