Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I'm 24 and have my periods like clockwork. My last full

Customer Question

Hi, I'm 24 and have my periods like clockwork. My last full period was 24th December for 4 days. Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex beginning of January twice. On the 18-19 January I got my period which only lasted 2 days and then stopped I didn't think much of it at the time. So I have been waiting to come on my period on the 18-19 Feb. Which I didn't I came on evening of the 12th Feb. I was like this isn't supposed to happen. But I was only on until Sunday morning. Which was very light and dark in Colour I'm just wondering if I'm
Pregnant my stomach is hard from under my breasts where my rib cage is and my vagina looks like it's swollen abit. I do feel pregnant but I tested a few weeks ago and they were both negative any advice I would love to hear from someone, thanks Rachelle
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Rachelle,Do you use anything for birth control?Are you trying to get pregnant?Have you had much stress lately? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello i don't use anything for birth control and yes we are. My partner seems to think I've been stressed but I haven't.
It sounds like most likely you haven't ovulated since December 24.The two things that cause missed periods plus hormonal changes that feel like pregnancy are pregnancy or not ovulating.I would do another pregnancy test now to be sure. If it's negative, that means that you haven't ovulated for a while.In that case, I would see your doctor to figure it out and get some help with ovulating.Not ovulating is often due to stress or illness, but other things can cause it. It's usually not difficult to help using pills. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks do you think there is a chance I could be? It just seems all odd cause I've been having periods since the age of 11 I have been pregnant before some of the feelings are the same but I don't know.
There is a chance that you could be pregnant. But since your test was negative 2 weeks ago, you're not pregnant from 2 weeks after your last period.However, although you apparently didn't ovulate 2 weeks after your December period, you may have ovulated sometime since then.The thing is, that if your symptoms are from pregnancy, a pregnancy test should be positive. So if a test is negative now, you'll know that your symptoms are from hormonal changes and not from pregnancy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks I'll take another test.
You're welcome.Please click the rating stars. Thank you.