Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Doctor Owen - I have an abnormal lump on my labia that looks

Customer Question

Hi Doctor Owen - I have an abnormal lump on my labia that looks like a blister and has a dark spot in the middle of it and I am getting awful night sweats and I want to know what it is or whether it is anything ominous or to be worried about... can you help?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a picture if that helps - It has been there for about 3 weeks and is sometimes very painful and sometimes less so...
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure whether I can help, but why don't you send the picture, and I'll see.You can use the paper clip to attach a picture. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pictures are attached - thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also suffered from batholins cysts in the past and have been previously diagnosed with genital warts. I have been screened for herpes but i do not have it. I am also losing weight from lack of appetite
Thanks for the pictures. It does not look ominous at all. I think it's a cyst, and it might be filled with blood, since it has that dark appearance.If it persists, I would see your doctor. It could be removed easily under local anesthesia.. Then you'd know exactly what it was. It doesn't look like cancer or any STD.I think that the night sweats are not related to it. Often night sweats are due to hormonal changes, but if you have regular periods, that's not likely. Stress can cause night sweats, as well as thyroid problems. You may wish to see your doctor about them. Best wishes.