Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

Have been taking Feanolla pill 75 microgram film-coated

Customer Question

have been taking Feanolla pill 75 microgram film-coated tablets every day now for 18 weeks and today I have really bad period pains but am not bleeding. I feel like death and this is the first time I've had any such symptoms or problems with this pill and I don't understand what is happening tome. Please help.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Feanolla is generally a good pill and does not cause side effects. Occasionally though you may get abdominal cramps similar to period pains. this is believed to be due to some amount of growth of the endometrium (inner uterine lining), - endometrium normally grows under the influence of progesterone present in this pill.To control the pain, you can take medicines like Midol which are very effective. You can also stop the pills, allow the period to occur and then continue with Feanolla gain from the first day of the menstrual period.An ultrasound is also necessary to check the uterine endmetrium and also for any fibroid or polyp in the uterus which cna cause similar pain.I hope this helps. Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.