wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am just about to have an IVF egg inserted. Both my

Customer Question

Hello. I am just about to have an IVF egg inserted. Both my tubes are blocked and filled with fluid. I am being told that the tubes can wash away the egg if they leak. My question is this. When/if the tubes empty, would they do it virtually completely, like a dam bursting or would any leakage just be slow drips? Also, if they do empty in a rush of fluid, do you think it would be worthwhile monitoring when the tubes empty (by ultrasound), so we could establish a frequency? Thank you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.Your tubes are not connected directly to your uterus so this should not be a worry.I'd discuss it with your IVF doctor but I think you will be OK.Does this make sense to?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dr. and thank you for your answer. If the fallopian tubes do not connect to the uterus, then how does the egg get from the tube to the uterus during a normal pregnancy?

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
OOps. I mistyped/misthought.The ovary is not connected...the egg floats to the tube.Here is how it works:https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/conception_how_it_works/Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACSHow'd your IVF go?