deardr
deardr, Doctor
Experience:  I have worked in a Medical School for last 10 years as a faculty.
25541092

I had not had a period 7 years, I thought it was

I had not had a period for approx 7 years, I thought it was weight related (morbidly obese) or medication (antidepressants, antipsychotics)
I saw a ob Gyny in Jan, had a scan in Feb - since the scan I have had frequent bleeding for 2-3 hours at a time maybe 2 times a week - every week.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  deardr replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.Can you give me the scan report?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One simple cyst 7cm and one complex 3.5cm nad
Expert:  deardr replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Cyst in right ovary seems to be the cause of frequent bleeding. Cyst in ovary indicates abnormal hormonal balance leading to excess bleeding. You need to get the cyst treated - removed or medically treated to get rid of the symptoms.I would also get few blood tests - bleeding time, clotting time, anaemia, thyroid levels to look for any other abnormality.Best