wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My period is due on 28 or 29 th of april but that week i

Customer Question

hi my period is due on 28 or 29 th of april but that week i am going on holiday ? coulld you tell me could i start taking yasmin now to stop my period coming too soon?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could yasmin stop my period for my holiday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and when shold i start taking it?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.How long will you be on holiday?when was your LMP?Are you normally regular?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi my name is ***** ***** am going on holidays at end of month for a week and want to change my period dates yes i am regular and my last period began on first of april for seven day . I also have hsp but i am not on medication
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Mairead,Thank you for that additional information.To tell you the truth? It might work however, there may not be time for the medicine to work before you go on holiday. That being said I feel that the best thing to do is consult with your OB/GYN and see what she recommends. This is not something you should try on your own.Does this make sense to you?Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS