Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

I am a bit worried about a seemingly very light dimple just

Customer Question

I am a bit worried about a seemingly very light dimple just below the crease of my right armpit. could it mean something serious? when I put up my arm, it disappears. it is only visible when I put down my arm.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope that I get to have an answer within today. I am really very anxious.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.
helloHow long you are having with this problem?Is tit one in number?Any tenderness or itching?Can you upload a jpg picture?Thyanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi doc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both of my nipples look the same
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no tenderness or itching
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will try to upload a picture now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still online, doc?
yes i am waiting for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi again, doc. i am having a difficult time uploading a picture. but again both of my nipples look the same, no dripping, no lumps. the seemingly dimple i am referring to is below the crease of my right armpit, not on the front side of my right breasts. i can say it is outside the mound of my breast.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i hope you are receiving my messages here, doc. i am new to this site.
helloAnyway,I understood you are not having with any problem in breast proper.I think the dimple in the armpit or axilla is due to extra deposition of fat.It is physiological, nothing to be done. Try to reduce your body weight.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi again, doc. i have actually lost weight in 6 weeks because of purposeful dietary changes (almost 6 weeks of vegetables and fruits, and 30 mins of light jogging on the treadmill). could this also be the reason?
yes quick weight loss or gain may be the cause.But it will be ok after few days.Thank you