Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

Have been trying to conceive months. All tests came

Have been trying to conceive for 18 months. All tests came back clear apart from hsg which showed mucus plugs which were successfully cleared in November 2015. My cycle is approx 28 day. This last cycle I had high opk on April 9 th and 10th ( cycle day 16 th and 17 th) . Had sex on both days. My problem is that I started period on cycle day 28 th ( April 21 St)which has been spotting or on wiping. I have used 4 tampax which have been less than half coated) apart from this I've been using panty liners as have been spotting only. This period is so light , not the normal heavy and I've had no clots. I've had negative pregnancy urine tests. Never known a period so light. What should I do?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or Skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.A few questions first to clarify your concern:1. When our OPK is positive you only have sex for 2 days (the day of & the next day)? Is this what you usually do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No have had sex more than that. But had sex on both days I had positive opk. I concerns that I'm having a very light period and wondered if it was implantation bleeding.
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your repsonse. Did you do the pregnancy test more than 14 days after that last sex?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes 14 days was today.
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
Please re read the question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , no.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My period normall is heavy with clots for 2-3 days then tails off. I've only need to use tampax for night. Not even using pads just panty liners it's been so light.
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response. Since the pregnancy test was done less than 14 days since the last sex, it may not be accurate,.. and yes this could be implantation bleeding. So I would repeat the test in 1 week to be sure of the result. You should know that implantation bleeding doesn't cause harm to the developing fetus. If this second test is negative then for the next cycle I strongly recommend you have sex for 4 days when the OPK is positive. My patient have better success in getting pregnant this way. For now make sure you are taking prenatal vitamins, eat well & get plenty of water.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. Is it possible to have implantation bleeding at the same time a period is due and is this common ?
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
It all depends on the timing of conception in relation to when your regular period is due. So yes it is possible. Thanks for the accept. Be sure to ask for me for your next question. Have a great day!