DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

I have recently been in hospital last week with septis and

Customer Question

I have recently been in hospital last week with septis and have been treated for 5 days with IV antibiotics. Whilst in I have had a huge heamatoma / bruise on my lower left hand side abdomen the size of a melon it's purple and has a hard lump in the middle. This is still really painful after a week and half and hurts more when I'm moving about. They think it was a vein that burst due to the heparin Injection (in my thigh) ... Is this normal now or should I seek medical help. I have attached a photo of when it first started but this is now twice the size and much more purple. Thought it was more of a general surgeon question but option not available. Many thanks Lisa
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.
From the picture it is evident that it is bruise either due to trauma or abnormal blood count like low platelet or clotting or bleeding time disorder.
I think it is a medical case and you should find a good physician preferably a hematologist.