DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

I have had some strange symptoms after intercourse that i wanted to check. I had sex o

Hi, i have had some strange symptoms after intercourse that i wanted to check. I had sex on Monday evening with my boyfriend, it was about 45 minutes and by the end was uncomfortable, i was very sore and red afterwards. The next day i had a good look and by the entrance, close to the urethra and opening of the vagina i had two sore red patches either side of the opening. There is some small splits in the skin and they sting. they still havent healed, how can i help them heal? Everytime i go to look i pull it apart and it bleeds again.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also it doesn't itch and i don't have any unusual discharge burning or tingling. Could it be an infection?
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.
I think you are having with post coital injury. It is not unusual though rare.
Anyway, you can apply some antibiotic ointment for few days and it will heal up. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Do you know on average how long these will take to heal?