Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had a baby 8 months ago... Since then on 3 occasions I

Hi, I had a baby 8 months ago... Since then on 3 occasions I have had bright red spotting on the days around ovulation, then all informal again. Should I be concerned?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Are you having regular periods?Are you breastfeeding?Do you use anything for birth control? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Periods have never been regular but range from 30 - 36 day cycles.
Not breast feeding.
Just condoms
I wouldn't be too concerned, since I don't believe there has ever been a case of uterine cancer within 1 year after childbirth.Some women will normally spot for a day around ovulation time. It's due to the fall of hormones that normally precedes ovulation. I don't know why you would start doing that now if you never did before, but perhaps your body has changed some from before.The fact that the blood is bright red doesn't usually have much significance. It's more the amount that is important.As long as your periods are fairly regular, I wouldn't be very concerned. However, if the spotting continues, it may be worthwhile to see your doctor, just to be sure that everything seems normal on exam. Perhaps a brief course of hormones might clear up the spotting. Best regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you
Thank you for your payment and rating.